How to be a More Eco-Friendly Camper
You must have already heard the phrase that goes, ‘leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photographs.’ Well, this is all that being an eco-friendly camper is all about. Among the many reasons campers enjoy camping, love for nature remains on top. This is why leaving no trace is a top priority for taking a camping trip.
Here are some earth-conscious steps you should take on your next trip.
Minimize Energy Consumption
If you do not wish to harm the environment in any way during your trip, focus on becoming an energy-efficient camper the first thing. You can minimize your energy consumption in numerous ways to enjoy a more eco-friendly camping experience.
- Consider solar-powered equipment: There are many benefits of packing along with solar-powered types of equipment for your trip. Using solar energy is eco-friendly and free of cost, and reusable. Consider solar-powered torches to utilize sunlight and be an efficient camper.
- Use LED lights: LED bulbs are way more energy-efficient than regular lighting strips and light bulbs. Not to mention, they are also more affordable while being eco-friendly at the same time.
- Reduce use of heaters and ACs: It is best to avoid using heaters and ACs to minimize energy consumption. Park your vehicle in the shade on hotter days and look for direct sunlight on colder ones.
Prioritize Fuel Efficiency
If you truly wish to be an eco-friendly camper, you should never skip on optimizing fuel efficiency. Not only does it make a huge difference to sustainability during the trip, but it is also the easiest thing you can do.
The first thing you can do while focusing on fuel efficiency is eliminated all the extra items. While it is good to stay prepared for the worst, many people carry items that never come in handy. Make sure you’re only packing essential items and reducing your vehicle’s weight.
Another thing to keep in mind for eco-friendly camping is regularly checking your campervan for tire pressure. Ensuring that you’re keeping up with the maintenance schedule provided by the manufacturer will increase fuel efficiency. This way, you save both money and the planet.
Cut Down on Waste
It can be extremely hard to keep track of all the waste you’re producing. Nonetheless, it is just as important to become an eco-friendly camper. Try and leave no waste behind as you move from one location to another.
You can cut down on your waste by:
- Shopping smart: Being an eco-friendly camper that disposes of thoughtfully starts with shopping smart. Buy as little as you can during your trip to produce minimum waste. You can purchase your supplies and foods at farmer’s markets and zero-waste shops during your trip.
- Reusing and Recycling: Whenever you can, try and reuse and recycle your items. It is best to eliminate disposable and single-use items and opt for reusable counterparts.
- Avoiding plastic: A camper should never forget to carry their refillable water bottle on their trip. This will help you avoid purchasing water, leading to lesser plastic waste. Instead, save money and refill your bottles along your route.
Reducing your energy consumption, optimizing fuel efficiency, and cutting down on waste can help you become a more eco-friendly camper. Don’t forget to refer to our tips before heading out for your next trip. Also, you can contact Ferber Resorts if you’re planning a trip to Zion. Call us at (435) 772-3237 today!